The Recruiting Lead will work directly with Bowery’s leadership team and hiring managers to source and qualify candidates for key technical and operational roles to build a world-class team. We are a small team and as our first recruiting hire, you will be in a hands-on role and wear many hats. Responsibilities will include full-cycle recruiting (sourcing is a top priority), ramping up a nascent talent function, and building out recruiting processes and infrastructure that will scale as our team grows. Reporting to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity for someone to design and implement a talent acquisition strategy and function to support rapid growth at an early-stage company.
What you’ll do at Bowery
- You’ll develop, plan, and execute our talent acquisition strategy and recruiting function
- You’ll own the full-cycle recruiting efforts (sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing and closing) for all roles at Bowery
- You’ll design and evolve interview processes for both technical and non-technical roles
- You’ll craft and promote our employment brand to create awareness, identify new and different ways to expand our reach and attract the best people
- You’ll apply creative sourcing strategies to continuously fill our talent pipelines and identify tactics for the team to stay engaged with passive candidates
- You’ll drive ongoing measurement and assessment of recruiting performance through metrics and reporting to ensure hiring goals are met
- You’ll constantly review and proactively identify opportunities to introduce efficiencies and help improve our recruiting process
- You’ll work closely with hiring managers to deliver a smooth and memorable candidate experience at all stages of the interview process
- You’ll implement recruiting tools and systems to streamline our existing processes and ensure optimal use of our Applicant Tracking System
- You’ll collaborate with hiring managers regularly to understand their hiring needs, coach them on hiring best practices, develop job descriptions, and update them on search status
- You have an unwavering commitment to finding the best talent for Bowery
Who you are:
- You are a passionate and articulate storyteller who can tell the Bowery story clearly and in a compelling way as the public face and voice of Bowery
- You are friendly, approachable, and naturally build rapport with candidates throughout the process
- You enjoy full-cycle recruiting and have excellent sourcing skills, ranging from junior to management positions
- You have a passion for elevating the recruiting game, and building talented teams
- You have experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and relationships at one time
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight time-to-fill deadlines
- You are highly data-driven and analytical; one who tracks recruiting metrics, identifies opportunities to improve, and initiates that improvement
- You are resourceful, and open to learning about new technologies to recruit for unique roles.
- You enjoy the energy of a small team that you are directly helping to grow
- You value a diverse workplace, and will seek opportunities to find and hire diverse talent
- You are excited about how advancements in machine learning and IoT can work in harmony to improve the state of the planet and our food supply
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success of your teammates
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have 5+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter within a technical recruiting capacity at an established software company. Bonus points if you have recruited for an early-stage startup.
- You have demonstrated success in a mix of agency environments and in-house, with a focus on hiring technical roles
- You have been an integral member of an early recruiting function with limited resources, designed successful interview processes, have a penchant for data-driven processes, and have a strong track record of implementing strategic recruiting practices in a scaling organization
- You are successful in hiring both technical and non-technical talent in a highly competitive market.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment and can comfortably balance strategic and hands-on
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to shift between technical discussions and layman’s terms with ease
- You maintain an active recruiting network and invest in staying updated on recruiting trends
Bowery is the Modern Farming Company on an ambitious mission to transform the future of food and change the face of agriculture. We believe in better food, better access to that food, and better care for the world around us. By leveraging automation, software, and controlled environment technology, we’re building an innovative new way of growing food locally that’s over 100x+ more productive than the same square foot of farmland, while using 0 pesticides and 95% less water. Bowery believes in the power and potential of technology to help in solving many of the world’s problems, but without great people, technology can only do so much. We have assembled a best-in-class team of interdisciplinary experts who are passionate about the problems that we’re tackling.
Bowery is based in New York City and has raised $7.5M in seed capital to date from some of the best investors in the world, including First Round Capital, Box Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, SV Angel, Homebrew, and more. We are also backed by established leaders and innovators in the food industry, including the founder CEOs of Blue Apron and Dig Inn, Chairman of Plated, and Top Chef judge and restaurateur Tom Colicchio.